16.4.13

Miroslava Duma is Fashionating.

I'm not stating anything new to anyone when I say that the internet is an overwhelmingly incredible source of fashion inspiration. It feels as though every day there is a new designer or stylish editor to keep an eye on. Bloggers, editors, photographers, designers, & budding stylists like myself, are glued to social media and the internet checking out what's what and who's who. 

I've just discovered Miroslava Duma. 

"Only now?" you say!

Well... Like I just said, it's overwhelming  trawling the latest and greatest and I'm doing my best to keep up. I swear.

Miroslava was recently featured in Vogue USA in April 2013, where I saw her for the first time, and Oh! boy is she a little pocket rocket. A petite little 5 footer, with an incredible knack of pulling off the brightest colours of the season, I'm honoured to have her as my desktop screensaver. What a style guru!

Miroslava runs Buro24/7 which will be launching in English in the not too distant future. In the meantime, use the power of the internet to translate the page. Or if you are like me, stare at the stunning images and imagine you're the lady in the heels.

I recently found a photo of Duma that just blew me away. Or more to the point, a 16th Century inspired outfit that is just to die for. Going completely against the grain, she is wearing a full ruff and puffy sleeve blouse under an elaborately detailed mini dress. Right down to the lace detailing of the sleeves, her outfit was just so... Regal. Oh! the inspiration.


I've recently spent a lot of time learning about fashion from by-gone era's and I love how dressmakers from hundreds of years ago inspire our modern designers. In almost every runway show or street style image, if you look hard enough, you can see the history of fashion evolving in front of your eyes.

Fashionating.

xx T

P.s. Yeah I went there.



No comments:

Post a Comment