13.5.12

We have a love shack

We finally received approval for a new apartment! I'm so super excited. Big ups to my Mum for helping us out with the application side of things and the main man for doing the inspection.

Here are a few things that have me inspired and more excited than ever to make our house a home.


This is definitely a piece that has me excited to get DIY-ing ASAP. RealLiving featured a 'how to guide' in their May Makeover issue and I'm very excited to get it started. I love the industrial cool feel it gives off.

    
A little colour and pattern is always welcome in my world. I'm loving this IKEA textile.

                                           


 I love magazines, I'm always perusing the newsagency, trying not to walk out with armfuls of print. It doesn't always work. It's so hard for me to get rid of any of them and I'm definitely not a page cutter. Apartment Therapy have a few ideas on how to use magazines as furniture. I'm thinking that a goldfish might replace the pot plant in our version.

I love bookshelf displays, both of us have quite a number of toys and 'dodads' as well as some great photos that we want to display. The more personalised these displays the more homely the feel. In our version, there will be a lot more colour injected.


No comments:

Post a Comment